In an online bingo site such as barbadosbingo, there are potentially hundreds of different bingo rooms for players to choose from. Most of the bingo rooms contain unique variations on the classic bingo game. Many players wonder just how many there truly are.
Traditional forms of Bingo
Even though there are many variant forms of bingo, there are two traditional forms of bingo which are considered the most dominant. These are 75 ball bingo and 90 ball bingo.
- 75 ball bingo is a traditional form of bingo, it is the most prevalent type of bingo in the United States of America. This type of bingo is played with 75 balls, the card is split into five columns with 15 numbers each. Players win when they manage to cross off all the numbers from their card with the numbers that are called.
- 90 ball bingo is incredibly similar to 75 ball bingo but it has a few key differences. It is the dominant type of bingo throughout the United Kingdom and Australia, games are played with 90 balls instead of 75. The tickets feature 90 numbers and players must cross them all off before they can win the game.
Variants of Bingo
The traditional forms of bingo are the most common types of game but there are actually many variants of bingo which players can enjoy. The following are just a few.
- 30 ball bingo – While it is similar to 75 and 80 ball, this game offers a big variation thanks to the emphasis on speed! As there are only 30 balls to contend with, the chances are this bingo game won’t last very long making it perfect for players who are in a hurry!
- Slingo – Take slot games and combine them with a traditional bingo game and you will get slingo! Players must spin the reels to try and match the bingo numbers which have been drawn, this game is perfect for both slot and bingo lovers.
- Bingo roulette – This takes the popular casino game of roulette and mixes it with bingo, ultimately creating one engrossing experience. Bingo roulette has much more of a traditional casino feel than of the other variations, thanks to the addition of the titular wheel.
Why are there so Many?
There are a huge amount of variations of bingo. Even the traditional bingo games can vary depending on what country you are in. The question of why there are so many can be traced back to the origins of bingo. It is a game which originated in Europe but managed to spread across the planet thanks to word of mouth. Each country that bingo came across ended up altering the game in some way or another. Despite all the variations of bingo, the bare essentials of the game remain the same throughout, a testament to the playability of the game.
There are a huge amount of variant bingo games. These help to keep the game interesting and provide players with a fun take on the traditional game. No matter how many variants are produced, players always seem to come back to the classic game.